Send mail with attachements

Developer
Nov 23, 2010 at 1:27 PM

I have successfully set up cloudmail (both on dev environment + on relay server). Everything works great! However, attachements are not included. Is this not supported or should something specific be done to include attachements? Here is my client code:

public void SendMail(MailMessage mailMessage)
        {
            var msg = new SerializableMailMessage()
            {
                From = ApplicationSenderMailAddress,
                Subject = "From Cloud: " + mailMessage.Subject,
                Body = mailMessage.Subject, 
                IsBodyHtml = false
            };
            msg.To.Clear();
            msg.To.AddRange(mailMessage.To);
            msg.Attachments.Clear();
            msg.Attachments.AddRange(mailMessage.Attachments);

cloudMailClient.sendMessage(msg);
        }

Coordinator
Nov 24, 2010 at 3:50 PM

Hi Thom,

Unfortunatly, attachments arn't supported in the current release.  To add this capability would require a change to the Main/Souurce/CloudMailShared/SerializableMailMessage.cs file.

I will add it to the issue tracker and thanks for your feedback,

StLR

p.s. if you want to make the update yourself I am more than happy to add you to the developer list for the project.

Developer
Nov 24, 2010 at 5:57 PM

Hey!

Thanks for the reply.

I really like the CloudMail project, nice solution!

I downloaded the sources and made a local update to the projects, using the solution listed in this blog http://meandaspnet.blogspot.com/2009/10/how-to-binary-serialize-mailmessage-for.html

It works great. I need to clean up some of the code first, but would definitely like to be added to the developer list, so I can check-in the changes.

Grtz,

Thomas.

Sent: woensdag 24 november 2010 17:50
To: Thomas Phlips
Subject: Re: Send mail with attachements [cloudmail:235723]

Hi Thom,

Unfortunatly, attachments arn't supported in the current release. To add this capability would require a change to the Main/Souurce/CloudMailShared/SerializableMailMessage.cs file.

I will add it to the issue tracker and thanks for your feedback,

StLR

p.s. if you want to make the update yourself I am more than happy to add you to the developer list for the project.

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (cloudmail@discussions.codeplex.com@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email cloudmail@discussions.codeplex.com@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com

Coordinator
Nov 25, 2010 at 11:26 AM

Welcome to the project :-)

StLR